Pursuant to Art.10.2 of Spanish Royal Decree 463/2020 declaring the State of Alarm to address the healthcare crisis caused by Covid-19.
- Mercadona, with the objective of protecting the health and safety of our customers and employees as well as ensuring the supply of our stores, is updating the measures adopted last 16th, 19th, 23rd and 26th March, 3rd April, and 11th and 14th May, supplementing them with another that will come into force on Monday 1st June, underlined below so as to be more easily identified.
1.- GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CUSTOMERS
- Customers shall be informed of the general recommendations to access stores and do their shopping, both from staff members as well as through signs, loud speaker announcements and social networks. These recommendations include:
- Only one person per household should come to do their shopping (not an entire family, nor with children or in groups).
- People who are members of at-risk groups should not come to do their shopping: the elderly, people with chronic diseases, etc.
- People who will have priority access to do their shopping in our stores: the elderly, people with disabilities, individuals with reduced mobility, pregnant women, and accompanying caregivers. Apart from the aforementioned groups, duly accredited healthcare personnel, law enforcement, firefighters and social welfare personnel will also have priority.
- Shopping should be done at various times throughout the day, not at the opening time. By doing so, we will be able to assist all customers daily.
- In consideration of others, shopping should be done smoothly and quickly.
- Don’t unnecessarily hoard products: the supply of basic necessities is more than sufficiently guaranteed.
- Preferably, payment should be made by card and using cash should be avoided.
- Each individual is ultimately responsible for complying with the recommendations established regarding distancing, maximum crowd sizes, and so forth. The same applies to the use of gloves, available at stores, for the handling of perishable goods.
- To continue assisting the most disadvantaged groups, we are reactivating the processes of basic necessity donations to Soup Kitchens and Food Banks with which the company regularly collaborates.
- Likewise, and in order to respond to a current need by our “Bosses”, starting Thursday the 14th of May Mercadona will begin selling disposable sanitary masks under the Deliplus brand, in packs of 10 units with a sales price of 6 euros per pack.
2.- MEASURES IN THE SUPERMARKETS
- CAPACITY: Crowd sizes at the supermarkets will be monitored and the minimum required distance between individuals will be indicated.
- The store manager at each supermarket will be responsible for establishing internal capacity, as well as, where appropriate, the private security agent or individual assigned to this task.
- Each establishment will specify the maximum capacity that ensures the preventative distance of one metre between people. Likewise, each store will monitor its maximum capacity, complying with regulations in such a manner that no access will be allowed once said capacity has been reached until other customers have left the premises.
- Public access points to each supermarket will be marked with a minimum distance of one metre for people waiting in line to enter the supermarket’s doors, which must be respected in order to gain access.
- INTERIOR OF THE STORE: minimum separation of one metre between customers shall be respected, with recommendations from the store’s personnel, supported by signs reinforcing these measures, and the one-metre limits will also be marked on the ground in the Seafood area and in checkout lines.
- OPENING HOURS: Starting on the 1st of June the opening hours will be from 9 am to 9 pm. However, considering the extraordinary nature of the situation, Mercadona will adapt to the changing circumstances, and if changes are made, they will be timely communicated.
3.- SUPPLY AND ASSORTMENT
- Stores will remain supplied strengthening and ensuring the supply of basic necessities so our customers can do their daily shopping.
- With the objective of protecting food safety, no product returns will be admitted under any circumstances.
4.- RECOMMENDATIONS AND INTERNAL MEASURES
With the aim of increasing the health and safety measures protecting our “Bosses” and employees, from Monday the 23rd of March 2020 and throughout that week we installed progressively methacrylate screens for protection/separation at the tills of all our supermarkets.
Furthermore, Mercadona has adopted internal measures to strengthen the health and safety of its employees, including the company providing protective safety goggles and the necessary hygiene and prevention tools both in the stores and in logistics centres and warehouses, and the adoption of specific health criteria to ensure safe distances and capacities in all its units.
Likewise, the daily cleaning and disinfection processes in our facilities (stores, logistics centres and warehouses) have been reinforced with external services.
Also, disinfectant gel and paper towels have been installed in each supermarket so that clients may clean the handle of their trolley, ensuring its hygiene. Also, the use of gloves, the same type as those used in the Fruit and Vegetable sections, is mandatory for clients. The company will also make these available at the supermarket entrances.
At this time, and in view of the extraordinary situation in which the country finds itself, Mercadona is adopting these extraordinary collaborative measures to confront this crisis. We kindly ask our customers for maximum collaboration in complying with these measures.
IT'S ABOUT MORE THAN NOT STOPPING, WE HAVE TO ACCELERATE.
THIS IS NO TIME FOR LIMITING OURSELVES. https://eactivate.com/
Poster in Spanish:
Poster in Spanish: